Friday, June 6, 2014

News and One Sunny Day

It's been a crazy, busy, happening semester. God has completely flipped my plans around for my time at BFA. The big news is that I will be switching to a different ministry next year. I will be working in the ResLife office at BFA and serving the boarding program. I will also be marrying my best friend this December. :) This decision to switch ministries and get married sooner than originally expected involved lots of prayer and thought, so feel free to ask me more about it. 

I'm reeeally sad to leave the dorm, but looking forward to the surprises and changes that God brings next year. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing my girls outside the dorm and loving them in a different way.

In the meantime, I am enjoying each and every last day with my precious girls. The seniors graduate a week from TOMORROW. And everyone will be gone by June 15. 

Here's a semi-typical day in my life...just for fun, and because I don't want to forget.

6:10-7:10am
Woke up and put my Baked Oatmeal in the oven. While it was baking, I spent time with Jesus. :)


7:15-8:00
Sat with my girls and ate breakfast and talked to them. I drink tea with milk and honey every morning (you can see it on the right).


8:00-8:15
Drove one of my girls into school for an early rehearsal.


8:15-8:30
Hugged each girl goodbye on her way out the door.

They're so pretty!

So we know where all 17 girls are

8:30-9:00
Got dressed and ready for the day.


9:00-10:30
Callie and I did the grocery shopping.


Loading the groceries into the van

10:30-11:45
Callie left to buy printer ink, so I put away the groceries, boiled eggs, made guacamole for snack, and did some dishes.


11:45-12:00
Lunch time! :)


12:00-12:45pm
It's the end of the year so we've all (the staff) been doing extra cleaning. I started working on the bathroom.


12:45-4:00
Packing for summer, talking to Erkai, and wedding planning.


4:00-5:00
Serving and cleaning up snack. Today the girls were particularly excited to be done with school because it was the last day of regular classes.


Rebekah! :)
5:00-6:00
The girls chilled on the computers and I sat on the couch and worked on some more wedding planning. Callie went to school and picked up dinner.


6:15-6:45
 We served and ate dinner.

Hungarian Goulash

6:45-7:15
The girls do chores every day after dinner. I looove when they are silly/singing/talking.


7:15-8:00
Last minute trip to the grocery store for more food for this weekend. 


8:00-9:30
Our wonderful Thursday night subs were there, since the dorm parents were off. This is us removing all of the red peppers because we accidentally added them to the onions. haha!


Thanks Marit and Elizabeth! :)

9:30-10:00
We cut carrots, cucumbers, etc. and set out things for the girls to make their lunches.



:D


Carissa making her lunch.

Mary!
 10:00-10:30
Callie and I folding towels (I have such a beautiful co-RA!), cleaning the kitchen, and finishing things up downstairs.


10:30-10:45
Tucking in my freshmen. :) I walked into the room and they were pretty excited. Turns out they trapped a fly and named him "Bob." Why not?


11:15
Bed time! I talked to Erkai until I fell asleep.


Every day is different, but I hope you enjoy this little snippet into my life. Some tasks, some normal life, and some lovin' girls. Thanks for everything YOU do (prayer, support, etc.), so that I can do this. :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment